Ametop Gel contains Tetracaine and is used as a local anaesthetic to numb the skin.
- Suitable for adults and children
- Used prior to inserting needles into a vein, giving injections or taking blood samples
- Can be used to numb skin prior to tattoo
- Can be used to relieve pain of inserting cannulae for drips
- Use with an Opsite Dressing to increase numbing effectiveness of Ametop Gel.
You Must Be Aged Over 18 Years to Purchase This Product.
How To Use
This product should be used within one month of your order unless stored in a refigerator.
Adults and children over 5 years of age: A maximum of 5 tubes can be applied at any one time with a maximum of 7 tubes in 24 hours.
Children aged 1 month old to 5 years of age: No more than one tube should be applied at one time with a maxium of 2 tubes in 24 hours.
- Apply the contents of the tube on the area of skin to be numbed. Do not rub the Ametop gel in to the skin.
- Cover the mound of Ametop Gel with a plastic film dressing such as Opsite Flexigrid or plastic kitchen wrap.
- Keep the gel covered for 30-45 minutes with the dressing before removing.
- The area will remain numb for 4-6 hours.
Ametop 40mg/g Tetracaine Gel 1.5g
Each gram of Ametop Gel contains 40mg of Tetracaine